DISCLAIMER!!!!

a cooking blog from one foodie to another... I rarely if ever use real measurements... my recipes are more like guidelines... but along the way we usually land on something kinda delectable...



Monday, March 5, 2012

Vanilla Buttercream Frosting

Sacajawea! It has been a LONG time since I have blogged ANYWHERE!  All I can say is:  we moved... and John was in the hospital again.... it's been a little crazy around here.

My new obsession (besides with FRESH RAW foods...I have a new salsa recipe... it is FAB and I promise to take pics of it when I make it today or tomorrow and post the recipe) is cupcakes!  I don't know why but I am OBSESSED with homemade frosting right now and NOW ever since

my amazing m-i-l 
surprised me with a cupcake decorating kit, I can use my new homemade frostings to adorn cupcakes GALORE.  Here's my first attempt with my decorating kit



and here is the recipe I used:

Vanilla Buttercream Frosting


2 sticks of SOFTENED butter (do NOT melt it!)
3 cups of powdered sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract (don't use imitation; that stuff is AWFUL!)
4 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream

Beat away until it is light and fluffy.... Stuff your pastry bag with the frosting (my m-i-l got me DISPOSABLE ones... GENIUS!)... And then frost those cupcakes!

[coming soon.... my NEW chocolate buttercream frosting recipe.... it was even better than the vanilla buttercream!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...