Vanilla Buttercream Frosting

Sacajawea! It has been a LONG time since I have blogged ANYWHERE!  All I can say is:  we moved... and John was in the hospital again.... it's been a little crazy around here.

My new obsession (besides with FRESH RAW foods...I have a new salsa recipe... it is FAB and I promise to take pics of it when I make it today or tomorrow and post the recipe) is cupcakes!  I don't know why but I am OBSESSED with homemade frosting right now and NOW ever since

my amazing m-i-l 
surprised me with a cupcake decorating kit, I can use my new homemade frostings to adorn cupcakes GALORE.  Here's my first attempt with my decorating kit



and here is the recipe I used:

Vanilla Buttercream Frosting


2 sticks of SOFTENED butter (do NOT melt it!)
3 cups of powdered sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract (don't use imitation; that stuff is AWFUL!)
4 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream

Beat away until it is light and fluffy.... Stuff your pastry bag with the frosting (my m-i-l got me DISPOSABLE ones... GENIUS!)... And then frost those cupcakes!

[coming soon.... my NEW chocolate buttercream frosting recipe.... it was even better than the vanilla buttercream!]

Comments

Popular Posts