Fresh Chunky Salsa

Mkay my Magic Bullet died in the move. I don't know how all I know is that I get A LOT of use out of mine before they die and it is likely that it just coincided with the move and the poor thing just gave up the ghost from too many man hours of usage. Regardless out of that tragedy came BEAUTY! We found we prefer our homemade salsa MUCH better when it isn't pulverized first (don't get me wrong the pulverized way is easier and quicker, but this way is SOOOO much better). When I finally replace my Magic Bullet, I will likely return to pulverizing the spice mix part (cilantro and jalapeno) but I will ALWAYS keep the onion and tomato chunky.

     1 small red onion, diced
     1 small jalapeno, minced (as small as you can get it or you will have jalapeno burns on your tongue)
     1 to 2 handfuls of fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
     4 to 6 tomatoes (any kind will do; I've been using roma because they are cheapest; however, last year I preferred to use FRESH HUGE ones from my garden.... *sigh* my garden is MISSED)

Just put it all in a dish and mix 'er up! YUMMY!

[Aside: when I use the Magic bullet, I will start by blending the jalapeno and cilantro with the juice of a lime and  a clove of fresh garlic. Then I will mix that with my larger chopped items.]

Comments

Popular Posts