DISCLAIMER!!!!

a cooking blog from one foodie to another... I rarely if ever use real measurements... my recipes are more like guidelines... but along the way we usually land on something kinda delectable...



Sunday, April 7, 2013

Salsa Smoothie

My new obsession is smoothies. FINALLY after 15 mos of a broken Magic Bullet I got a new one!!!! (Well new to me one..... from Craigslist.) I mainly need to create fruit smoothies as I do NOT consume enough fruit. But I kept thinking... I love V8... I love salsa... how about a smoothie inspired by these flavors... the result was possibly the best smoothie I have EVER tasted! I want to drink 1K of these!!!

I am not sure anyone else besides my tomato-loving sister Jodi will want this recipe but just in case:

Add to your blender.

(In this order)

Tomatoes (I used 3 small Romas cuz they have been CHEAP at Aldis lately)
Small wedge of jalapeƱo ( I removed seeds because I only wanted a little kick)
Sliver red onion
Bunch of cilantro
Salt
Juice from one lime

Blend it up and ENJOY!

If there are any other tomato-weirdos out there, comment please so I know you liked this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...