Cheese Crisps

So John and I have gone low carb.... sigh.... it ISN'T a pretty picture.  Actually,  tossing the melodrama aside, it isn't as hard as I thought it would be, and I've lost 7 lbs in just one week.  So it is definitely worthwhile.  However, I would still gnaw off my own arm for a small dish of noodles, a chocolate chip cookie,  a lil sugar in my coffee... for the love of M&Ms, man!

For me,  the hardest part is nighttime. I'm done working, and I'm  relaxing, and I've got NOTHING to munch on. So I trolled the Internet for ideas and found CHEESE CRISPS!  Heavenly,  amazing,  wonderful CHEESE CRISPS!

I've tried them a couple of times and perfected a few options:

*sharp cheddar (literally just plain sharp cheddar)
*garlicky mozzarella (mozzarella sprinkled with garlic powder)
*Colby-pepper jack (a fabulous flavor Sargento makes)

Really they are super easy.... the recipe I found online used shredded cheese, but I didn't like the randomness of the chips I got with shredded.  Slices offer uniformity that allows me to cater to my OCD side.

Also apparently it is VERY important that you use parchment paper.  Not foil.  Not an unlined pan.  PARCHMENT PAPER.  I didn't try it without.  I just took their word for it.

Mostly this is about finding flavor combinations you like. The sky is the limit! So use your imagination.

1. Preheat your oven to 350°
2. Fold your cheese slices into quarters.
3. Place them on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. (Leave sine room in between quarters.)
4. Sprinkle with any seasonings you're using.
5. Bake.  Start with 7 minutes. Cook them until the cheese bubbles up and the edges start to brown.
6. Remove them from the oven and move the parchment paper to a cool surface (like your counter).

If your eating low carb like us, heck even if you're not,  you're welcome!

Comments

Popular Posts