Savory Oatmeal in the Slow Cooker

Ohmigosh! You guys! I made the best thing ever! Savory Oatmeal. I'm not serving it for breakfast either.  I'm using it for a dinner!

Right now I've only mastered the base oatmeal.  But I'm dreaming of all sorts of mix ins:

Parmesan
Spinach
Mushrooms

I'm even trying to think of a casserole to build around these steel cut oats. 

But enough blabbering. Here's what you came for, the recipe:

Savory Oatmeal in the Slow Cooker

6 cups chicken broth
2 cups steel cut oats (not the quick kind... see pic)
1 tsp garlic powder

Put all ingredients in your slow cooker.
Cook on low for 3 hours.

I liked mine just right out of the slow cooker, but I also tried adding a little butter and salt. That really upped the delish factor.

Yums! Healthy fiber. Whole grains. Deliciousness. #getinmybelly


Comments

Popular Posts