DISCLAIMER!!!!

a cooking blog from one foodie to another... I rarely if ever use real measurements... my recipes are more like guidelines... but along the way we usually land on something kinda delectable...



Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The BEST Chicken Noodle Soup!!!!!

Mkay so I have been making homemade chicken noodle soup for SEVERAL years, but the stuff I made tonight!  It was the BEST I have every  made!  The secret was in the noodles. Typically they get a little mushy, but tonight I did them RIGHT!

the BEST chicken noodle soup

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
8 cups chicken broth
2 cups water
4 carrots, sliced into coins
4 stalks of celery, sliced
garlic
pepper
wide egg noodles

Place chicken in pot (my chicken breasts were still frozen and it worked JUST fine); cover with water. Boil for about 15 minutes. Remove chicken breasts and cut them into chunks.  Return chicken to pot. Add chicken broth, water, carrots, celery, garlic & pepper. Simmer for 20 - 30 minutes. Add egg noodles. Turn heat down to low. Cook until noodles are ALMOST soft, still a bit al dente. Remove the pot from the burner and cover it. Let is sit for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...