The BEST Chicken Noodle Soup!!!!!

Mkay so I have been making homemade chicken noodle soup for SEVERAL years, but the stuff I made tonight!  It was the BEST I have every  made!  The secret was in the noodles. Typically they get a little mushy, but tonight I did them RIGHT!

the BEST chicken noodle soup

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
8 cups chicken broth
2 cups water
4 carrots, sliced into coins
4 stalks of celery, sliced
garlic
pepper
wide egg noodles

Place chicken in pot (my chicken breasts were still frozen and it worked JUST fine); cover with water. Boil for about 15 minutes. Remove chicken breasts and cut them into chunks.  Return chicken to pot. Add chicken broth, water, carrots, celery, garlic & pepper. Simmer for 20 - 30 minutes. Add egg noodles. Turn heat down to low. Cook until noodles are ALMOST soft, still a bit al dente. Remove the pot from the burner and cover it. Let is sit for 10 minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts