DISCLAIMER!!!!

a cooking blog from one foodie to another... I rarely if ever use real measurements... my recipes are more like guidelines... but along the way we usually land on something kinda delectable...



Thursday, May 17, 2012

Vanilla Bean Buttercream

I'm a little bit obsessed with vanilla beans. I, however, have to confess, I have yet to actually use a vanilla bean, but I'm in love with vanilla bean ice cream AND I found the coolest stuff at Williams and Sonoma: vanilla bean paste. FANTABULOUS! Soooooo! I changed up my vanilla buttercream recipe by replacing the vanilla with vanilla bean paste. I add A LOT (sorry again... I don't really measure)... SEVERAL tablespoons until I could really taste the vanilla bean.

This is the pink vanilla bean buttercream we did for Hannah's b-day.
It really made the difference, AND it leaves those cool vanilla bean flecks which make your frosting look oh so gourmet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...