DISCLAIMER!!!!

a cooking blog from one foodie to another... I rarely if ever use real measurements... my recipes are more like guidelines... but along the way we usually land on something kinda delectable...



Thursday, September 23, 2010

Becky's Soup

One more request... the recipe for Becky's Soup... by the way, the infamous Becky Glomski was at my house over the weekend.  I told her how famous her soup has become in my circles.  She had NO idea she was a celebrity!

This recipe is not one I really use exact amounts for, so hang onto your seats folks!

Put a slab of butter in a pan with a swoosh of EVOO.  Add a few cloves of fresh garlic and then saute a big package of fresh sliced mushrooms in there.  When the mushrooms are sauteed, season with a little salt and pepper.  Then add 1 big can of Cream of Mushroom soup and 1 full can of milk.  Using a whisk combine the milk and soup.  Cook until completely combined (no more of those freaky little lumps in there).  Add a couple of handfuls of grated Parmesan cheese.  Cook until completely melted and incorporated.  Add a BIG dollop of sour cream.  Whisk to speed up the incorporation (don't wanna cook the soup too long with the sour cream in there).  Serve and enjoy!

btw... in a pinch I have been known to do ALL of the following when making this soup (although not all at one time I don't think)... while it wasn't as good as the above version, we still liked it.  

*used garlic powder
*used canned mushrooms
*used Parmesan from a can

However, you slice it this soup is G-O-O-D... GOOD!  I have had MANY people tell me, "I don't even like mushrooms and I love this soup!"  So give it a try!  Even if you are a mushroom-a-phob.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...