Becky's Soup

One more request... the recipe for Becky's Soup... by the way, the infamous Becky Glomski was at my house over the weekend.  I told her how famous her soup has become in my circles.  She had NO idea she was a celebrity!

This recipe is not one I really use exact amounts for, so hang onto your seats folks!

Put a slab of butter in a pan with a swoosh of EVOO.  Add a few cloves of fresh garlic and then saute a big package of fresh sliced mushrooms in there.  When the mushrooms are sauteed, season with a little salt and pepper.  Then add 1 big can of Cream of Mushroom soup and 1 full can of milk.  Using a whisk combine the milk and soup.  Cook until completely combined (no more of those freaky little lumps in there).  Add a couple of handfuls of grated Parmesan cheese.  Cook until completely melted and incorporated.  Add a BIG dollop of sour cream.  Whisk to speed up the incorporation (don't wanna cook the soup too long with the sour cream in there).  Serve and enjoy!

btw... in a pinch I have been known to do ALL of the following when making this soup (although not all at one time I don't think)... while it wasn't as good as the above version, we still liked it.  

*used garlic powder
*used canned mushrooms
*used Parmesan from a can

However, you slice it this soup is G-O-O-D... GOOD!  I have had MANY people tell me, "I don't even like mushrooms and I love this soup!"  So give it a try!  Even if you are a mushroom-a-phob.

Comments

Popular Posts