Bread Machine Hard Rolls

I am ALWAYS intimidated by making rolls in my bread machine.  My few attempts have resulted in misshapen, little hockey pucks which left me feeling like a failure!  But the more I use my bread machine... for pizza and cinnamon rolls (no blog on this one yet cuz I haven't really perfected them yet... maybe this weekend???)... the more I think, "Surely I should be able to master the art of forming this dough into rolls!"

I tried yesterday and had my best results yet.  Here's the recipe I used.  When the dough cycle was done, I simply cut the dough in half, and in half again, and in half again until I had eight portions.  Then I rolled them up into balls and kinda THUMPED them down onto the pan so they'd flatten out a little.  I put them on the stove (oven was preheating beneath it) and let them rise for 40 minutes.  Popped them in the oven for 20 min on 400 and VOILA!  we had BEAUTIFUL hard rolls!

I am empowered now!  I am going to make ALL my rolls in the bread machine!  Hope I soon have more successful results to share.

Comments

Popular Posts