Yogurt Chicken...

What's for dinner in the Kastner's kitchen tonight?  Yogurt Chicken and baked potatoes.  While I cannot take ANY credit for this recipe (Allison Boguszewski is the mastermind behind it), I can tell you SEVERAL things about it:

1.  my kids ADORE it
2.  it is HEALTHY
3.  it is EASY

Sooo???  What else do you need to know?  Get the ingredients and MAKE IT!

Ingredients:
(I double this.  You will need to as well Cindy H.  Families of 6 or 7 cannot make it on 3 - 4 chicken breasts!)

3 - 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 oz container plain yogurt
1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1-2 Tbsp dried minced onion
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp Lawrey's salt (I'm not a fan of Lawrey's so I've left this out every time I made it)
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 cup butter

Mix breadcrumbs, parmesan, onion, garlic, Lawrey's (or none if you don't like it too), and oregano in a shallow dish.  Pour yogurt into ANOTHER shallow bowl.  Dip chicken in yogurt, coating it.  Dip chicken into breadcrumbs, coating it.  Place chicken in a 9x13 pan (sprayed with cooking spray).  Melt 1/4 c butter and drizzle it over chicken.  Bake covered at 375 for 1/2 hour.  Then uncovered for another 20 - 25 minutes.

Make sure to tell me if you like it!  And STAY TUNED!  Tonight is Day 1 of my Tamale Making experiment.  Tamale Making blog to follow!

Comments

  1. Sounds yummy...I might be willing to try this. I have been looking for plain yogurt recipes (less sugar) and this might fit the bill! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts