Apple Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited! We have a guest blogger!!!  Let me introduce the lovely, the talented:

Amanda Gean Starkweather (nee Kastner) 

Sorry boys! as you can see... she's TAKEN!
My step-daughter is quite the foodie with STRONG tendencies toward the gourmet.  OHMIGOSH! You shoulda tasted the mac & cheese she brought to T-giving!  Maybe I will convince her to guest blog again and we'll post that one too.

Today she is sharing with my blog community Apple Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting... I haven't tasted them yet but just the name makes me drool!





Apple Cupcakes


2 large apples, chopped (I used four JONATHAN apples because mine were pretty small)

1/2 cup water
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
Place apples and water in a medium pot; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook until softened, 15 to 25 minutes. Transfer apples, using a slotted spoon, to a food processor; puree until smooth. Set aside.
Cream butter and sugar together in a large bowl until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until incorporated. Add apple puree and vanilla; beat until smooth.
In a medium bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking soda. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture, slowly beating to incorporate, until just combined.
Spoon into prepared muffin cups. Bake until tops are springy to the touch, 15 to 18 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. (I didn't have a wire rack, how many people do?!?! So I used a pizza pan.)

These are SUPER dense cupcakes. They are not light and fluffy like store bought cupcake mix. Very filling!



Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting


I have to admit; I had Betty Crocker Cream Cheese frosting on hand and decided to mix in some ground cinnamon. I am SURE there are more wonderful recipes for this, but I used what I had at home and "cheated" that way. The cupcakes were enough work! ;)


They turned out pretty darn good and are a prefect fall treat.



Comments

  1. nice job baby girl! Can't wait to taste one... coffee tomorrow???

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts