Slow Cooker Hot Caramel Apples

[I'm reposting this because when I made it yesterday, I took a bunch of pics.  If you try only ONE recipe from this site... you should try THIS! It is the BEST fall dessert!  YUMS.]

Mkay... I gotta fulfill a couple of requests to post recipes... Here's the first request.... the Hot Caramel Apples.  I can't even remember where I found this recipe... I think a Taste of Home magazine.  Regardless...  it is a Fall favorite in the Kastner household.

Hot Caramel Apples





4 large tart apples, cored
1/2 cup apple juice
8 Tbsp brown sugar
12 red hots
4 Tbsp butter
8 caramels
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Vanilla ice cream
whipped cream


Peel 3/4" off top of apples. Pour juice over apples.



Fill each apple with 2 Tbsp brown sugar, 3 red hots,



1 Tbsp butter, two caramels.




Sprinkle apples with cinnamon.  Cook 4 - 6 hours on low in slow cooker.  Serve over vanilla ice cream; top with whip cream.

Comments

Popular Posts