DISCLAIMER!!!!

a cooking blog from one foodie to another... I rarely if ever use real measurements... my recipes are more like guidelines... but along the way we usually land on something kinda delectable...



Monday, October 17, 2011

Slow Cooker Hot Caramel Apples

[I'm reposting this because when I made it yesterday, I took a bunch of pics.  If you try only ONE recipe from this site... you should try THIS! It is the BEST fall dessert!  YUMS.]

Mkay... I gotta fulfill a couple of requests to post recipes... Here's the first request.... the Hot Caramel Apples.  I can't even remember where I found this recipe... I think a Taste of Home magazine.  Regardless...  it is a Fall favorite in the Kastner household.

Hot Caramel Apples





4 large tart apples, cored
1/2 cup apple juice
8 Tbsp brown sugar
12 red hots
4 Tbsp butter
8 caramels
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Vanilla ice cream
whipped cream


Peel 3/4" off top of apples. Pour juice over apples.



Fill each apple with 2 Tbsp brown sugar, 3 red hots,



1 Tbsp butter, two caramels.




Sprinkle apples with cinnamon.  Cook 4 - 6 hours on low in slow cooker.  Serve over vanilla ice cream; top with whip cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...