DISCLAIMER!!!!

a cooking blog from one foodie to another... I rarely if ever use real measurements... my recipes are more like guidelines... but along the way we usually land on something kinda delectable...



Friday, October 14, 2011

White Chili

By request of the lovely Amanda Starkweather:

Years ago I came up with this recipe after falling in love with Tumbleweed's White Chili (idk if Tumbleweed even exists anymore... does it???) I searched through recipes, tweaking and trying, until we settled on this one. We LOVE it!  (Apparently Amanda does too...)

White Chili


2 to 3 cups cooked chicken breast, cut or shredded
6 cups chicken broth
2 cloves garlic
2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. white pepper
1 tsp. oregano
2 cans of chiles
3 cups navy beans (or great northern beans)
1 cup onion

Toss this hodgepodge in a BIG pot and simmer away.

[We garnish with sour cream, cheddar jack cheese and crushed tortilla chips.]

1 comment:

  1. I love this recipe but haven't made it in EONS! Putting it on the list for this week and I don't have to change much for the GAPS diet! WOOHOO!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...