Tomato Basil Rotini

Found a recipe at one of my FAVORITE sites Kraft Foods.... (I love them even after they started charging for the AWESOME Kraft Food & Family magazine they used to send for FREE.) But Walmart didn't have Philadelphia Sundried Tomato and Basil Cream Cheese Spread.  I figured I would just concoct some of my own, but I forgot to buy the sundried tomatoes!  ERGH!  In the end, we ended up with a Jami recipe based off a Kraft Recipe.  Here's what I did:



Boil two packages of rotini. (I used plain old normal rotini but you could use tri-color or whole wheat too.)
Saute 6 cloves of pressed garlic in 4 Tbsp. of EVOO. (My Pampered Chef Garlic Press is definitely one kitchen tool I could NOT live without!)
Add cooked pasta and one entire tub of Philadelphia Cooking Creme Original. Cook a few minutes.
Stir in 5 BIG fresh tomatoes (from my garden); chopped (just minutes after they were pulled from the vine... MMMMMM).
Mix in 1/4 cup fresh basil and 4 Tbsp. (actually much MUCH more for the Kastners; I mixed is a couple of handfuls; then I sprinkled more on each person's dish) parmesan cheese.

ENJOY!!!

Comments

Popular Posts