DISCLAIMER!!!!

a cooking blog from one foodie to another... I rarely if ever use real measurements... my recipes are more like guidelines... but along the way we usually land on something kinda delectable...



Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Tomato Basil Rotini

Found a recipe at one of my FAVORITE sites Kraft Foods.... (I love them even after they started charging for the AWESOME Kraft Food & Family magazine they used to send for FREE.) But Walmart didn't have Philadelphia Sundried Tomato and Basil Cream Cheese Spread.  I figured I would just concoct some of my own, but I forgot to buy the sundried tomatoes!  ERGH!  In the end, we ended up with a Jami recipe based off a Kraft Recipe.  Here's what I did:



Boil two packages of rotini. (I used plain old normal rotini but you could use tri-color or whole wheat too.)
Saute 6 cloves of pressed garlic in 4 Tbsp. of EVOO. (My Pampered Chef Garlic Press is definitely one kitchen tool I could NOT live without!)
Add cooked pasta and one entire tub of Philadelphia Cooking Creme Original. Cook a few minutes.
Stir in 5 BIG fresh tomatoes (from my garden); chopped (just minutes after they were pulled from the vine... MMMMMM).
Mix in 1/4 cup fresh basil and 4 Tbsp. (actually much MUCH more for the Kastners; I mixed is a couple of handfuls; then I sprinkled more on each person's dish) parmesan cheese.

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...